Great Nailsage Sly is one of the most challenging bosses in Elden Ring. He’s fast, powerful, and has a wide range of attacks. But don’t worry, with the right strategy, you can beat him. In this guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know to defeat Great Nailsage Sly, including his attacks, weaknesses, and strategies. So if you’re ready to take him on, let’s get started!
|Stay close to Sly and bait his melee attacks.
|Sly’s melee attacks are slow and telegraphed, making them easy to dodge. If you stay close to him, you can punish his attacks with your own.
|When Sly jumps into the air, jump up and attack him in midair.
|Sly’s jumping attack is easily dodged by jumping up and attacking him as he comes down. This is a great opportunity to deal some damage.
|When Sly starts to glow red, back away and wait for him to do his dash attack.
|Sly’s dash attack is a powerful attack that can be difficult to dodge. If you see him start to glow red, back away and wait for him to use it. Once he’s done, you can move in and attack him.
|Repeat steps 1-3 until Sly is defeated.
|This is the basic strategy for defeating Great Nailsage Sly. With practice, you’ll be able to dodge his attacks and punish him with your own, eventually leading to his defeat.
Great Nailsage Sly is a challenging boss in Elden Ring. He is a fast-moving enemy with a wide variety of attacks. However, he is also a relatively predictable enemy, and with careful planning, you can defeat him.
In this guide, we will teach you how to beat Great Nailsage Sly. We will cover his moveset, his weaknesses, and the best strategies for defeating him.
Learn His Moveset
The first step to defeating Great Nailsage Sly is to learn his moveset. He has a wide variety of attacks, but most of them are easy to dodge once you know what to look for.
Here are some of his most common attacks:
- Jumping attack: Sly will jump into the air and then slam down on you. This attack is easy to dodge by rolling to the side.
- Thrust attack: Sly will thrust his nails forward. This attack is also easy to dodge by rolling to the side.
- Swipe attack: Sly will swipe his nails in a wide arc. This attack is more difficult to dodge, but you can roll through it if you time it correctly.
- AoE attack: Sly will create a large AoE around him. This attack is difficult to avoid, but you can use the pillars in the arena to block it.
Identify His Tells
In addition to learning his moveset, you also need to be able to identify his tells. This will help you predict his attacks and avoid them.
Here are some of his tells:
- He will raise his nails before he does a jumping attack.
- He will hunch over before he does a thrust attack.
- He will swing his arms before he does a swipe attack.
- He will glow red before he does an AoE attack.
Learn How to Punish His Attacks
Once you know how to dodge his attacks, you need to learn how to punish him. The best way to do this is to attack him after he finishes an attack.
For example, after he does a jumping attack, you can roll towards him and attack him as he lands. After he does a thrust attack, you can roll to the side and attack him from behind.
Exploit His Weaknesses
Great Nailsage Sly has a few weaknesses that you can exploit to your advantage.
- He is weak to ranged attacks. This means that you can use ranged weapons or spells to damage him from a distance.
- He is vulnerable to being staggered. This means that you can use heavy attacks or jump attacks to stun him.
- He can be knocked off his feet. This means that you can use charged attacks or jumping attacks to knock him down.
Use the Pillars in the Arena to Your Advantage
The arena where you fight Great Nailsage Sly has several pillars that you can use to your advantage.
- You can use the pillars to block his AoE attack.
- You can use the pillars to create distance between you and him.
- You can use the pillars to hide from his attacks.
By following these tips, you can defeat Great Nailsage Sly. He is a challenging boss, but with careful planning and execution, you can overcome him.
- Use a summon to help you distract Sly. This will give you more time to attack him.
- Don’t be afraid to heal if you need to. Sly can deal a lot of damage, so it’s important to heal when you need to.
- Be patient and don’t get discouraged. Sly is a tough boss, but if you keep trying, you will eventually defeat him.
3. Manage Your Resources
When fighting Great Nailsage Sly, it is important to manage your resources carefully. This means conserving your health and healing items, using your Soul Shards wisely, and being strategic with your use of Soul Arts.
Conserve Your Health and Healing Items
Great Nailsage Sly is a powerful boss, and he can deal a lot of damage if you’re not careful. It is important to conserve your health and healing items so that you can stay in the fight for as long as possible.
Here are a few tips for conserving your health:
- Avoid taking unnecessary damage. This means being aware of Sly’s attacks and dodging them whenever possible.
- Use your Soul Shards to heal yourself. Soul Shards are a valuable resource, so use them wisely. Only heal yourself when you are really low on health.
- Be strategic with your use of Soul Arts. Soul Arts can be very powerful, but they can also be costly. Use them only when you need to, and make sure that you are using them effectively.
Use Your Soul Shards to Heal Yourself or Damage Sly
Soul Shards are a valuable resource that can be used to heal yourself or damage Sly. Here are a few tips for using Soul Shards effectively:
- Use Soul Shards to heal yourself when you are low on health. This is the most important use for Soul Shards.
- Use Soul Shards to damage Sly when he is open to attack. This can be a great way to whittle down his health bar.
- Be strategic with your use of Soul Shards. Don’t waste them on attacks that are unlikely to hit.
Be Strategic with Your Use of Soul Arts
Soul Arts are powerful abilities that can be used to turn the tide of battle. However, they can also be costly. It is important to be strategic with your use of Soul Arts so that you get the most out of them.
Here are a few tips for using Soul Arts effectively:
- Use Soul Arts to deal with specific threats. For example, you can use the Soul Twister to knock Sly back or the Soul Seeker to track him down.
- Use Soul Arts to create openings. For example, you can use the Soul Barrage to stun Sly or the Soul Storm to create a safe space to heal.
- Be careful not to overuse Soul Arts. Soul Arts can be very powerful, but they can also be costly. Only use them when you need to, and make sure that you are using them effectively.
4. Stay Patient and Don’t Give Up
Great Nailsage Sly is a tough boss, but he is beatable. If you stay patient and don’t give up, you will eventually overcome him.
Here are a few tips for staying patient and not giving up:
- Focus on the fight one step at a time. Don’t worry about the whole fight at once. Just focus on one attack at a time, and eventually you will get through them all.
- Take breaks if you need to. If you’re getting frustrated, take a break. Come back to the fight when you’re feeling refreshed.
- Remember that you can do it. You’ve come this far, so you know you can beat Sly. Just keep at it, and eventually you will succeed.
Great Nailsage Sly is a tough boss, but he is beatable. By following these tips, you can manage your resources, stay patient, and don’t give up. Eventually, you will overcome him and claim victory.
How do I beat Great Nailsage Sly?
Great Nailsage Sly is a challenging boss in Elden Ring, but with a little preparation and strategy, you can defeat him.
1. Learn his moveset. Great Nailsage Sly has a wide variety of attacks, so it’s important to learn what they are and how to avoid them. His most dangerous attack is his spinning attack, which can be difficult to dodge. To avoid this attack, roll towards Sly as he starts to spin.
2. Stay close to him. Great Nailsage Sly is most dangerous at long range, so you want to stay close to him so that you can avoid his ranged attacks. When you’re close to him, you can use your melee attacks to damage him.
3. Use a shield. A shield can be helpful for blocking Great Nailsage Sly’s attacks. However, be careful not to block too many of his attacks, as this can drain your stamina.
4. Use ranged attacks. If you have a ranged weapon, you can use it to attack Great Nailsage Sly from a distance. This can be helpful for avoiding his attacks.
5. Be patient. Great Nailsage Sly is a tough boss, so don’t get discouraged if you die a few times. Just keep practicing and you’ll eventually be able to defeat him.
Here are some additional tips that may help you defeat Great Nailsage Sly:
- Use a weapon with high DPS. This will help you deal damage quickly and take Sly down before he can do too much damage to you.
- Wear armor that has high physical and magic defense. This will help you reduce the damage that Sly deals to you.
- Use a flask of crimson tears to restore your health. This will help you stay alive during the fight.
- Use a spirit summon to help you distract Sly and deal damage to him. This can be helpful if you’re struggling to defeat him on your own.
With a little practice, you can defeat Great Nailsage Sly and claim his victory.
In this guide, we have discussed how to beat Great Nailsage Sly in Elden Ring. We covered everything from his strengths and weaknesses to the best strategies for taking him down. By following these tips, you should be able to defeat this challenging boss and progress through the game.
Here are the key takeaways:
- Great Nailsage Sly is a fast and aggressive boss that uses a variety of melee attacks.
- He is weak to fire damage, so using a fire-infused weapon or spell can be helpful.
- His most dangerous attack is his spinning slash, which can be avoided by rolling towards him.
- If you can stay close to him and avoid his attacks, you can whittle down his health and eventually defeat him.
With a little practice, you can overcome Great Nailsage Sly and claim victory. So what are you waiting for? Go out there and slay the beast!
Carla Denker first opened Plastica Store in June of 1996 in Silverlake, Los Angeles and closed in West Hollywood on December 1, 2017. PLASTICA was a boutique filled with unique items from around the world as well as products by local designers, all hand picked by Carla. Although some of the merchandise was literally plastic, we featured items made out of any number of different materials.
Prior to the engaging profile in west3rdstreet.com, the innovative trajectory of Carla Denker and PlasticaStore.com had already captured the attention of prominent publications, each one spotlighting the unique allure and creative vision of the boutique. The acclaim goes back to features in Daily Candy in 2013, TimeOut Los Angeles in 2012, and stretched globally with Allure Korea in 2011. Esteemed columns in LA Times in 2010 and thoughtful pieces in Sunset Magazine in 2009 highlighted the boutique’s distinctive character, while Domino Magazine in 2008 celebrated its design-forward ethos. This press recognition dates back to the earliest days of Plastica, with citations going back as far as 1997, each telling a part of the Plastica story.
After an illustrious run, Plastica transitioned from the tangible to the intangible. While our physical presence concluded in December 2017, our essence endures. Plastica Store has been reborn as a digital haven, continuing to serve a community of discerning thinkers and seekers. Our new mission transcends physical boundaries to embrace a world that is increasingly seeking knowledge and depth.